When it comes to physical fitness, some people show a lot of commitment. That is a very difficult thing to achieve, which is why it is so admirable. When I started hitting the gym, keeping my routine was hard, and I was sore for about two weeks. Every single muscle in my body was crying for help, but that is how it all begins. With pain. However, time went by, and I needed to bulk up. I was eating like crazy, but I was burning more than I was consuming. That is when I discovered whey protein. And what is even better, I started consuming grass fed whey protein. After that, it was all uphill for me.
What is grass fed whey protein?
I suppose you know that whey protein comes from cows. A lot of protein powder manufacturers buy the whey from farmers who feed their cows indoors. Besides that being cruel to animals, there are a lot of significant differences between a cow’s milk that eats grass (grass fed,) and the milk that comes from cows fed indoors. And that is why grass fed whey protein powder is better than the other kind of whey.
If you think about it, it makes total sense. Once the cow eats quality food, in this case is fresh grass, it is only logical that it provides high-quality milk. It is a no brainer. And that is why it is very important to do your homework.
The benefits of grass fed whey protein powder
As you can imagine, you can benefit a great deal from consuming grass fed whey protein. Yes, you bulk up faster, and you have more energy, but let’s focus on the advantages brought by the ‘grass fed’ part, shall we?
- You have the best possible start – since the cow from which the whey comes from eats only fresh, natural grass outside on pasture, the milk it produces is better than the milk produced by a cow that has lived its entire life indoors. The whey from the former is richer in vitamin A and E, which are crucial for muscle development, and at the same time, the fact that the cow eats in a stress-free environment will enrich the milk with all the nutrients you need to be healthy. You will have a natural, healthy diet that provides the best start towards perfect physical fitness.
- Chemical-free diet – we all try to stay away from chemicals as best as possible. That is not always feasible since all food is tainted. However, you should keep your hands off those chemicals as often as possible. Grass fed whey protein is chemical free. Why? Because the cows that produce the whey are fed fresh, natural grass. That means there are no pesticides or insecticides in it. Therefore, the cow will have an organic diet, which in turn will produce organic milk. Simple as that. There will be no chemicals transfer. That is not the case with indoor fed cows. They eat all kinds of things, like soy, that have been sprayed with chemicals. I think I do not have to tell you more. You can see where I am going with this.
- Weight loss – Cows that have been feeding in a natural, stress-free environment develop high levels of CLA. CLA is a fatty acid that the body uses to burn fat. Therefore, by consuming grass fed whey protein, you will lose weight a lot faster than if you buy the regular kind of whey protein.
- Fight against animal cruelty – I am aware that not all people care about this aspect, but I do, which is why I thought it is worth mentioning. Cows that are grass fed are happy animals. They eat a proper diet and in a stress-free environment. That makes them generally healthier, so they produce better milk. The cows held indoors, on the other hand, are bound to live their lives in a small enclosure without even touching a patch of grass. I find that heart breaking. Buying and consuming grass fed whey protein means you endorse kind animal treatment and you want to promote the benefits that derive from the milk of a healthy, happy cow.
How to choose the best grass fed whey protein
Now that we agree on the fact that whey protein is better when it comes from grass fed cows let’s go to the next step and see how to choose the best one for you. Before making any purchase, determine your preferences and do not forget to pay attention to details. Here is what you need to consider.
- One ingredient – since you have already decided to buy grass fed whey protein, you only need one single ingredient, and that is why. What is the point to buy this type of protein if you choose a kind that has all kinds of sweeteners and preservatives. It is beside the whole point. As long as the label says ‘one ingredient,’ you now that your choice is the right one.
- No flavors – again, you do not need chemicals to add some flavor. Pure whey tastes good enough, and if you want something with sugar, try to go for something like stevia. However, if you do decide that you do not like the taste of flavorless whey, try a natural flavored product. The point is to keep the powder as natural as possible.
- Size – there are multiple sizes available. Usually, a protein shake is required before hitting the gym, right after, and one in the evening. Taking that into account, you need a bag or a container of at least 5 pounds to last you a while. Also, the larger the quantity, the less you will pay. You know how it goes with small packaging. Also, for storage reasons, some people prefer the plastic bag instead of the plastic jar.
- The quantity of protein – some protein powders come with 21 grams of protein, while others come with 24 grams. The quantity is per serving, but not all manufacturers recommend the same quantity. What is certain is that you will receive instructions and a measurement scoop.
- Additional information – some people are lactose intolerant, but that does not mean there is not a solution for them as well. Also, you can find GMO-free whey protein, gluten-free, hormones-free, and so on.
What is the best grass fed whey protein powder?
I cannot tell you which one is the best because there are several manufacturers that provide high-quality grass fed whey protein. What I can do is make a few suggestions that will help you choose the best protein powder for your needs. Here are three of them.
Raw Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder
The whey protein from Raw Organic Whey is one of the products that meet all the criteria for a high-quality whey. A lot of people buy this, and they have some very good things to say about it. That is the primary reason I chose this product for you. It has only one ingredient: whey. The Jersey cows that produce the milk for this whey eat only pure grass, and they live on green pastures all year round. It comes as no surprise that their milk is healthy and rich in nutrients.
As far as quality goes, few products can compete with this whey protein powder. It is processed at low temperatures, which makes it rich in antioxidants. There are no GMOs in it, A2 milk, soy, or rBGH/rBST hormones. The powder is also gluten free, and there are no heavy metals in the composition. As for sweeteners, there are none, and the manufacturer did no use preservatives, fillers, or soy lecithin. The product was processed without bleach or acid. In other words, this is one of the most natural whey protein powders you can find.
Since the cows that produce the milk for this product come from sustainable small farms and have a diet rich in wild grass and clover, they produce milk of the highest quality. That milk is rich in Omega-3s and the CLAs you need so much to lose weight. Overall, this product is more than satisfactory. Even if it has no flavor, it does not have a bad taste, especially if you put it in your favorite drink or smoothie. You will benefit a great deal from its use, and you will get the results you want. The price is a bit high for only 12 ounces, but for some people, it is worth it. One scoop of powder has 21 grams of protein. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Pure Label Nutrition Grass Fed Whey Protein
This whey protein powder comes in a plastic jar, and you have 5 pounds of protein there. That should be enough to last you for a while. According to the manufacturer’s recommendations, this should be enough for approximately 75 servings. Just like the previous product, this one is 100% grass fed whey protein. It comes from premium dairy farms in California. The cows eat only pure, natural grass, and as a result, they produce high-quality milk.
There is only one ingredient in this whey protein powder, and that is 100% natural whey. Thre is no flavor, and there are zero additives. Sugar is also missing, and so are other sweeteners, colors, preservatives, and hormones. For those of you who are interested, the Pure Label Nutrition does not use GMOs, gluten, or soy. But even so, the powder has a delicious taste in your favorite beverage.
The level of protein is higher in this powder than it was in the previous product. Every serving is rich in 24 grams of pure protein. There are also amino acids, 2.5 grams of fat, 1 gram of carbs. The total number of calories is 122. The point is that you will get everything you need in order to achieve your physical fitness. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Bodylogix Natural Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder
This product is a bit different than the other two I described above. However, that does not mean it is not just as good. The whey comes from natural grass fed cows that produce milk of the highest quality. The powder is contained in an ecologically friendly plastic jar with a weight of 1.85 pounds. It will not last just as long as the previous product, but the price is lower as well.
The Bodylogix protein powder has NSF certified ingredients and label claims. You will receive exactly what the label reads. The manufacturer does not use artificial colors and flavors, and there are no chemicals in the powder’s composition. The product is gluten free, and the level of lactose has been reduced to satisfy people who are lactose intolerant.
Unlike the other two products above, this one is actually flavored. However, the flavor is a natural vanilla bean. Even with the flavor, the product is still 100% natural. Another difference is that the grass fed whey protein from Bodylogix is sweetened, but the manufacturer used stevia, which is a natural sweetener. It has the healthy sugars, not the bad ones. Every serving contains 24 grams of proteins, 3 grams of carbs, 2 grams sugar, and 2.5 grams of fat. The total number of calories per serving is 130. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
I usually buy large quantities of whey protein powder because I save some money in the long run, and I do not have to order it too often. However, this time I will go with the Bodylogix Natural Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder. I believe it is one of the best grass fed whey protein powders on the market. My decision is based on the fact that I like my whey to be flavored. I usually mix it with water, so it must taste good. Otherwise, it will not go down easily.
Every person who goes to the gym and is committed to his or her physical fitness is aware of the importance of whey protein powder. It will help you a great deal to achieve the results you want. That is why I recommend you try one of the products above. They will take where you want to go, and at the same time, they are natural products that promote health. That is everything you can possibly want from such a product. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Unbiased Report Exposes the Unanswered Questions on Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder
- Cheap Protein Powder Features
- The Benefits of Grass Fed Whey
- What You Don’t Know About Organic Whey Protein Might Surprise You
- The Most Disregarded Fact About Grass Fed Protein Powder Uncovered
- Characteristics of Grass Fed Whey Protein
- The Most Popular Organic Protein Powder
- The Benefits of Whey Protein Organic
- The Characteristics of Whey Protein from Grass Fed Cows
- The Ultimate Solution for Organic Whey Protein from Grass Fed Cows That You Can Find Out About Today
- The Fundamentals of Best Whey Protein Brand Revealed
- The Insider Secret on Best Organic Whey Protein Powder Exposed
- Secrets About Best Natural Protein Powder Uncovered
- The Whey Protein Grass Fed Game
- The Definitive Solution for Whey Free Protein Powder
- The Undisputed Truth About Organic Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder That the Experts Don’t Want You to Know
- Details of Grass Fed Organic Whey Protein
- What the Experts Are Saying About Best Organic Protein Powder and What This Means For You
- Un-Answered Questions Into Protein Powder Brands Revealed
- New Article Reveals the Low Down on Grass Fed Whey Isolate and Why You Must Take Action Today
- The Hidden Truth About Good Protein Shakes
- Best Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder – the Conspriracy
- Gossip, Deception and Non Dairy Protein Powder
- The Grass Fed Whey Protein Concentrate Game
- The Idiot’s Guide to Best Protein Powder for Building Muscle Explained
- The Start of Best Organic Whey Protein
- Instant Solutions for Organic Whey Protein Isolate in Easy to Follow Step by Step Format
- The Meaning of Best Protein Powder for Men
- Why Absolutely Everybody Is Talking About Organic Whey
- Why Everybody Is Dead Wrong About Best Whey Protein for Men
- New Step by Step Roadmap for Grass Fed Protein
- The Secret to Grass Fed Whey Protein Isolate
- Brief Article Teaches You the Ins and Outs of Organic Whey Protein Powder and What You Should Do Today
- The Best Tasting Protein Powder Pitfall
- What the In-Crowd Won’t Tell You About Organic Grass Fed Whey Protein